The Program Development section administers the following ministry grant programs:
- Reduce Impaired Driving Everywhere (R.I.D.E.) provides grants to municipalities to enhance regular R.I.D.E. spot check activities, carried out by local police services;
- Partners Against Crime (PAC)
- Community Crime Prevention Grant provides grants to eligible organizations for specific, time-limited projects addressing community-based crime prevention needs;
- Front-Line Policing Grant provides grants to Ontario police services to support front-line police activities for community safety and crime prevention initiatives.
- Constable Joe MacDonald Public Safety Officer's Survivors Scholarship Fund (Cst. Joe MacDonald PSOSSF) provides scholarship funding to eligible families of public safety officers who died in the line of duty;
- Youth Crime and Violence Initiative provides grants to the following:
- Police services for enforcement programs that reflect a strict discipline approach to youth crime;
- Police and community agency partnerships for prevention programs that have potential to decrease youth crime.