CS - Correctional Officer FAQs
Becoming a Correctional Services Officer
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions about Ontario Correctional Officer Recruitment
- How do I apply to become a correctional officer?
- I am a Canadian Citizen, but I live outside Canada. Can I still apply?
- What is a fixed-term employee?
- What can I do now to better my chances of becoming a correctional officer?
- What does it mean if a position is listed as a “designated FLS position”?
- Is the application process different for someone who was a correctional officer in an Ontario provincial adult correctional institution previously and wants to return?
- If I am currently employed as a correctional officer in another province or country, can I transfer to a position in Ontario?