About Correctional Services
Ontario’s Correctional Services establishes, maintains, operates and monitors adult correctional institutions and probation and parole offices.
Correctional Services also has jurisdiction over adult offenders under parole supervision, as granted by the Ontario Parole Board, as well as providing programs and facilities designed to assist in offender rehabilitation.
In carrying out its correctional services mandate, the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services has jurisdiction over:
- offenders 18 years of age and over who are:
- sentenced to terms of imprisonment of less than two years, and/or
- terms of probation of up to three years, or
- conditional sentences of up to two years less a day
- offenders under parole supervision, as granted by the Ontario Parole Board
- adults on remand, awaiting trial or sentencing
- adults held for immigration hearing or deportation
- offenders awaiting transfer to federal institutions to serve sentences of two years or more.
The ministry maintains 26 correctional facilities that include:
Vendor information sessions
The Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services will be contracting service providers for psychology, psychiatry, counselling and assessment services through an open tendering process. The ministry will be holding information sessions for professional service providers in these areas.
The information sessions will be held via teleconference and will provide information on how to bid on government procurements using the electronic tendering service "BravoSolution".
If you are a professional service provider with expertise in one or more of these areas and are interested in working with provincial offenders in the community and in institutions, please contact Tina Webb, Program Advisor, by email at email@example.com to register for an upcoming session. Sessions will be offered in French upon request.