Minister of Community Safety and Correctional Services
MPP Sault Ste. Marie
- Minister of Government and Consumer Services, June 2014 – June 2016
- Minister of Natural Resources, February 2013 – May 2014
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Premier, November 2011 – February 2013
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Natural Resources, September 2009 – October 2011
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Education, September 2005 – November 2005, February 2009 – September 2009
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Northern Development and Mines, October 2007 – February 2009
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Aboriginal Affairs, November 2005 – September 2007
- City Councillor, Sault Ste. Marie
Memberships and Associations
- President, Sault and Algoma Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation
David Orazietti was first elected to the Ontario legislature in 2003 as the MPP for Sault Ste. Marie. He was re-elected in 2007, 2011 and 2014.
Orazietti currently serves as Minister of Community Safety and Correctional Services. He was previously Minister of Government and Consumer Services.
Orazietti has served as Parliamentary Assistant to the Premier, the Minister of Education, the Minister of Natural Resources, the Minister of Aboriginal Affairs and the Minister of Northern Development and Mines. His Private Member's Bills have included efforts to improve the northern health travel grant, increase access to the breast cancer screening program, protect children from second-hand smoke in vehicles, four-lane the Highway 17 portion of the Trans-Canada Highway and expand consumer protection for cell phone users.
Orazietti is a third-generation Sault Ste. Marie resident. He served two terms as a city councillor, while also working as a full-time secondary school teacher for 10 years. He worked for the Algoma District School Board and served as the President of the Sault and Algoma Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation.
Orazietti has served on numerous boards and committees, including the Public Utilities Commission, John Rhodes Expansion Committee, Algoma University College Board of Governors, Ward Boundary Review Committee, Sault Ste. Marie Teen Centre Committee, Hospital Redevelopment Joint Committee, Council Physician Recruitment Committee and the International Relations Committee. He has also served as Chair of the Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee.