I am pleased to write the first editorial in the Office of the Marshal’s newest communication vehicle – the Ontario Fire Service Messenger Online.
The development of the Ontario Fire Service Messenger Online signals a move toward a more environmentally-friendly format that will provide timely information for readers. Available only on the Internet, it will provide colourful and visually-appealing content for readers, such as videos and colour photos. Readers can subscribe by email to receive updates as they occur.
The objectives of the Ontario Fire Service Messenger Online include:
- Acknowledge, advise and raise awareness about fire safety/protection activities;
- Enhance existing relationships with stakeholders;
- Promote new partnerships;
- Initiate dialogue through coverage of issues that affect the Ontario fire service; and,
- Meet the unique needs of Ontario’s diverse communities.
As we finalize articles, they will be posted on this site. I hope you will enjoy the articles we plan to post in the coming weeks. Drop us a note and tell us what you think. Or if you have a submission, please send it to Carol Gravelle, Editor of the Ontario Fire Service Messenger Online.
Tadeusz (Ted) Wieclawek
Ontario Fire Marshal