OFM - 04-30-12
Public Fire Safety Guidelines
Public Assistance Responses
To assist in the development of policies relating to fire department assistance to police agencies.
- The delivery of fire protection services includes providing the policing services with various types of assistance.
- Fire service managers should develop policy statements or operational directives identifying the types and manner of fire service assistance available to the policing services.
- Public safety services should meet on a regular basis to determine service capabilities and responsibilities.
- Public safety managers should identify the type of incident management system used during joint operations and ensure that all staff are aware of their responsibilities.
- Unless predetermined locally, the fire service response to workplace accident sites will comply with the direction given in OFM Communiqué 97-022, dated May 30, 1997.
- The authority to deviate from the Communiqué; rests with the fire chief or designate.
- community emergency plan participation
- incident management and accountability systems
Codes, Standards, and Best Practices:
Codes, Standards and Best Practices resources available to assist in establishing local policy on this assessment are listed below. All are available at / . Please feel free to copy and distribute this document. We ask that the document not be altered in any way, that the Office of the Fire Marshal be credited and that the documents be used for non-commercial purposes only.